- 1 pound ground turkey meat (don’t use the 93% fat free-too dry, in my opinion.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup diced brown onion
- 3 crushed garlics
- 1 can of crushed Italian tomatoes – carried at most stores
- cinnamon powder
- chili powder
- cumin powder
- brown or yellow raisins
- green olives stuffed with pimentos
- canned black beans
*NOTE: To close pop up window, click outside the window.
- Put olive oil into shallow skillet – needs to cook for a few minutes
- Saute in about 2 TBSP of olive oil and heat.
- Add onions until soft and then add garlic for 3 minutes or until soft but NOT brown.
- Add turkey meat and blend with onions and garlic and saute until cooked
- When lightly cooked add 2 shakes of the cinnamon, cumin and chili powder
- Add about 1/2 can of crushed tomatoes and stir stir stir
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Sample the sauce and if needed, shake in more of each spice, to add more flavor
- Add 1/4 cup diced green olives
- Add 1/4 cup dried raisins
Add juice of tomatoes and a few cubes of tomatoes, if it looks dry
Cook on very low heat for 20 minutes & ensure it’s not too dry.
Recommended to serve with white rice and black beans.
Enjoy something healthy and delicious – not on many menus!! It’s a favorite in our home.