Category : Cooking
This super easy skillet dish taste great and will make you look like a pro! Original recipe said it fed four people but they are a little nuts! Perfect for two just as it is below with my “special changes”. Prep time 10 minutes – cooking time 20 minutes or so.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (coat the pan)
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts. I like organic but whatever you are use to is fine.
- 1 3/4 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice. Uncle Ben has it in bags– I used two bags
- 2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets—
1. Heat oil in pan – just make sure it covers the bottom/ SPLIT the chicken breasts in HALF if thick. Otherwise the chicken will dry out!!! Add salt and pepper. I use Lawry’s salt and Seasonings Chicken Spices– Whatever you use to
season chicken is great. Remove chicken from the skillet.
2. Stir in soup, water, paprika and black pepper to the skillet and get to boiling. Stir in the rice and broccoli and reduce to low heat. Now if you want to use white instant rice that’s up to you and it will cook faster. I prefer brown rice
for the texture and of course because it’s just better for you. My opinion.
3. Watch the rice as it will take at least 15 minutes to cook to al dente— longer if you like it softer.
4. Return the chicken to the skillet as it will be almost cooked. Cover until rice is done.
5. Sprinkle a little more paprika and pepper on the chicken. Will taste and look great.
A very tasty dish in a very little time! Yum