Sometimes at the end of the day you just need to NOT eat Italian! This recipe though it has all the Mediterranean goodness that we love on a daily basis – has a “bit” of French in it and came out wonderful! I’m “all about the sauce”! And I serve it over brown rice – but obviously can be white or basmati. Whatever makes you happy! I can tell you the CHICKEN was happy! With that 1/4 cup of Flaming Cognac!!!
- 2-3 TABLESPOONS OF OLIVE OIL
- LARGE TABLESPOON OF UNSALTED BUTTER
- 2 LARGE CHICKEN BREASTS – CUT IN HALF – I — USED ORGANIC- I swear I can tell the difference
- LAWRY’S SALT AND PEPPER
- ABOUT 10 LARGE SHALLOTS – PEELED
- 5 GARLIC CLOVES
- 1/4 CUP OF COGNAC- You can buy fairly inexpensive one — it’s for cooking! YES you can take drink!
- 4 LARGE TOMATOES – OF THE VINE ARE GOOD ONES. Chop.
- BALSAMIC DRIZZLE – in gourmet section of store— just keep on hand- great over Burrata cheese
1. In deep skillet heat the oil and butter over high heat. Season with Lawry’s Salt and Pepper. when fats
are hot but not smoking add the chicken and cook on one side till even golden brown. About 5 minutes.
Flip to other side and again brown till golden. Another 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium high. Add shallots and garlic burying them under the chicken at the bottom
of the skillet. Saute covered, shake pan a bit until shallots are brown and chicken cooked. About
3. Heat the Cognac in small pan over medium heat for about 30 seconds. Ignite with LONG match and
pour oven chicken, Shake pan till flames subside. It will flame like crazy and Chicken is SO very
4. Stir in tomatoes and continue cooking until sauce is nicely blended.
5. Drizzle a bit of the Balsamic Glaze on top. Do not mix!
6. Serve over rice.
YUMALICIOUS! . I promise – simple yet great dinner party dish!