TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH TOUCH OF PORK!
I Have been making Turkey meatballs forever strictly because of the perception of turkey being a healthy alternative to beef! They have always turned out great but I thought I might “kick” them up a bit! I am a good “Home Cook” but secretly I have found a Marinara sauce from Cosco that is AMAZING! White Linen Marinara Sauce. It’s super easy when making a last minute meal! I’m a cooking snob and only use this when I’m too rushed to make a sauce. But truly it’s “DELISH”!
Pre Heat 375 degrees
- 1 lb ground turkey – NOT extra lean as that taste like sawdust!
- 1/4 lb Gound Pork. Don’t ask me what’s in it – got it at Gelson’s – they don’t kill you!
- 1 egg- whipped
- About 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 brown or white onion – chopped fine
- 5 garlic – minced (the five garlic rule of HomesnCooking)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup – grated Mozzarella- Actually shredded bag kind is fine
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt – few shakes
- Lawry’s Seasoned Pepper – few shakes
- Squirt of Tomato Paste
Sautee the garlic and the onions until soft. I find if I used them raw in the meatballs they turn out bit crunchy. Great when eating carrot sticks – not so good on meatballs.
Let the mixture cool off a bit- then mix everything together until blended.
Wash your hands- important as keeps meatballs from sticking to your SKIN!
Spray large cookie tray with some Pam- no sticking!
Form meatballs – pick your size – see photo mine are about size of golf balls. You KNOW what a meatball looks like!
Cook for about 30 minutes. You can pick one apart to make sure they are cooked thru. If smaller meatballs less time. NO raw turkey for us!
Put into lasagna pan and cover with Marinara Sauce that has been pre heated. Sprinkle with some diced Italian Parsley if you want to be totally fancy.
Serve immediately – DELICIOUS! winner dinner! that can be cooked in less than an hour. Serve with any kind of pasta that you like. Or just as side dish with steamed veggies or salad. Just keep quiet about the sauce:)